A copycat recipe for the bourbon chicken offered at lots of food court Chinese dining establishments. This might not be genuine Chinese food, yet it is tasty.
Food Court Bourbon Chicken Copycat
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Yield: 8 bowls
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 POUND chicken upper legs, skinless.
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (I utilized 4 turns on the pepper shaker)
- 1/3 Cup soy sauce
- 1/3 Cup Bourbon (or whatever brownish scotch you have relaxing. Dark rum would most likely function as well). If you do not maintain alcohol in your home you can replace apple juice or cranberry juice. If you make use of juice, make use of a little much less brownish sugar. It actually is tasty with simply apple juice as well as no Bourbon.
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar (gewurztraminer vinegar or simple white vinegar would certainly do if you do not have rice vinegar)
- 1/2 Cup brownish sugar, firmly loaded
- 1 Tbsp corn starch liquified in 3 Tbsp chilly water
- Cut the chicken upper legs right into 1 inch items, as well as get rid of any type of excess fat or skin.
- In a little dish incorporate the ginger, pepper, soy sauce, whisky, water, garlic, vinegar as well as brownish sugar. Set apart.
- In a big saute frying pan or frying pan warmth the oil on tool high warmth.
- Add the chicken as well as cook up until the juices have cooked off as well as the chicken begins to brownish, concerning 8-10 mins. Stir the chicken every 1-2 mins so it does not melt as well as browns uniformly.
- Add the bourbon mix as well as mix well. Allow the fluid to find to a boil and afterwards transform the warmth to tool. Simmer exposed for around 15 mins. Don’ t thrill this as you desire the alcohol to cook off from the scotch.
- Add in the corn starch fluid as well as mix quickly. The sauce will certainly enlarge promptly.
- Serve over rice.
Did you discover this message beneficial? Want to return to this web page later on? Save THIS PIN listed below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!