Looking for a hearty, healthy and balanced dinner? This chicken stew takes under a hr, however it tastes like it’s been simmering on the oven for hrs. Serve with a hearty item of toasted homemade bread.
The Best Chicken Stew
Yields: 4 portions
Prep Time: 0 hrs 10 minutes
Total Time: 0 hrs 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoon. butter
- 2 big carrots, peeled off and also cut right into coins
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pound. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay fallen leave
- 3/4 pound. infant potatoes, quartered
- 3 c. low-sodium chicken brew
- Freshly sliced parsley, for garnish
- In a huge pot over tool warmth, thaw butter. Add carrots and also celery and also period with salt and also pepper. Cook, mixing usually, till veggies hurt, concerning 5 mins. Add garlic and also cook till aromatic, concerning 30 secs.
- Add flour and also mix till veggies are layered, after that include chicken, thyme, bay fallen leave, potatoes, and also brew. Season with salt and also pepper. Bring mix to a simmer and also cook till the chicken is no more pink and also potatoes hurt, 15 mins.
- Remove from warmth and also transfer chicken to a tool dish. Using 2 forks, shred chicken right into little items and also go back to pot.
- Garnish with parsley prior to offering.
Did you discover this blog post helpful? Want to return to this web page later on? Save THIS PIN listed below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!